Monday 23 February 2015

Ever so slowly

Yes I'm falling
Ever so slowly
into your eyes
rising up your spine
settling in your beating heart

never imagined it'd be you 
but you see me
this beautiful young man
full of energy, love, innocence and purity

you know how to touch me
to get into my mind
and how to make me crave you inside of me
But ....... do you know how to love me

Everything you say is so beautiful 
I wonder, do you mean it all 
Or if you're just too smooth
Brazilian and Jamaican roots
A ladies man through and through 

I hope you feel me like you say you do 

Coz you've got into me
mind, body and spirit
my heart and soul moments away 
from opening up to your sweet kiss
but i'm scared 

Scared you see me more clearly than I see you 
Scared you know me better than i know you 
scared you read me like the open book i am 
you're an enigma to me

will you take me as i am and 
love me through and through 
or is this just a game to you 
a notch on your night stand
a number in your black book 

Just scared is what my gut tells me 
be free to love him 
allow him in and just be me 

be free to fall in love with him 
Ever ......so ........slowly........

Tara Ismail

No comments:

Post a Comment